Over the years, modern dentistry has produced a viable and effective alternative to dentures: dental implants. Many adults suffer tooth loss because of gum disease, decay, or traumatic injury. Dental implants provide a patient with a permanent replacement for missing teeth. Composed of a titanium post and a porcelain crown, a dental implant is anchored into the jaw, in a socket where a tooth is missing. The titanium post integrates with jawbone tissue to mimic a natural tooth root. Over time, the root of the implant becomes part of the jaw and provides a stable foundation for a crown, or a few implants can anchor a denture, partial, or bridge.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants can last a lifetime if maintained properly
- Many patients believe that implants are drastically more comfortable than dentures
- Since dental implants are permanent, the need for adhesives, removal, and soaking is eliminated
- The crown of a dental implant is fabricated to match the color of natural teeth
- Patients don’t have to alter their diet for implants, as they do for dentures
- Dental implants can be cleaned and treated as natural teeth, with daily oral hygiene including flossing and brushing
- Unlike a bridge or partial, implants do not rely on healthy teeth for stability
If you have missing teeth, you might be a candidate for dental implants. Want to learn more? Schedule a dental implant consultation. Dr. Chin will provide answers to your questions and conduct a comprehensive assessment of your oral health. He’ll then customize a restorative dentistry plan to meet your needs.
Have A Question?
Are You New Patient?
Please arrive 20 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment, to allow time for our intake process.
Make An Appointment
Fill out our form, call us, or book your appointment online instantly....
A member of our team is here to speak to you at your convenience, answer your questions, and schedule your next appointment.